Mario Flash Party Mario Flash Party

I think I broke your game

Very nice... but for some reason nothing's happening in the jump game. first attempt worked, but i tried again and there isn't any shells or anything. just emptiness...

anunfittingname responds:

Yeah I wrote in the "Authors comments" that you cant replay that game at the moment because I am having problems with it.

Looking at Memories Looking at Memories

Awesome writing! I like how it almost tells a story with varied emotional parts. It is definitely bittersweet at parts, but also has joyful moments like 1:27. Then a brief moment of uncertainty around 1:53 before resolving itself at 2:08.

As for your transitions, I think they fit quite well. Also keep in mind that no song is perfect, so don't beat yourself up over it. Your talent and hard work shows. :)

Columbers responds:

You're spot on with that first bit- this piece quite literally tells an actual story. I actually rushed through this song a little bit because it was a little emotional and I wanted to see what ending would be most fitting. Glad you liked this composition, thanks for reviewing!

I'm uploading a new piece soon that uses the main musical theme of this piece, so make sure to check it out as well!

drowning (AIM) drowning (AIM)

Oooohhh it's so chill! Me likes. It has a nostalgic feel to it.
After a number of listens (I lost count XD) somehow it still holds my interest. The song adds some interesting contrast to the art. Where the art has a more depressing tone, the song kind of brings a sense of bittersweet denouement. It really puts the listener in the art subject's shoes. Watching one's memories flash and scatter like the sun rays above them.

johnfn responds:

thanks man! haha i'll be honest i was nervous about getting reviews on this one, this piece is kind of special to me and i was scared no one else would like it lol. its like sharing part of your soul!!!

anyways im glad you liked it! and got the sense of what i was talking about!

AIM - Fallen Angels AIM - Fallen Angels

Absolutely stunning! I really like the buildup to 0:50; it's a great setup for what's to come. The break at 1:33 is also a nice touch. The whole thing really leaves a feeling inspiration for me, especially around 2:24. Coupled with the art it really tells a story. Awesome work.

CloakedSoup responds:

Thanks! :D I've been trying to get better at writing 'film-esque' music (which is the kind of stuff I post here on Newgrounds). I'm highly interested in going into that field. I think I'm starting to finally get somewhere with it.

Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart! Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart!

Terrific work as always. Lovely use of colour, excellent composition, and great placement of characters. The angle you chose is interesting; almost over-the-shoulder. Good use of background characters to show depth. I will admit, I have never played the game, but I know enough about it to know this piece is well done.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you, my friend! I did try to do a sort of 'sneaky look' around the bad guys shoulder, like you are witnessing the end! I'm glad you like, (but shame on you for never playing the game-play it-like right now) ;)

The Beginning The Beginning

Good stuff. I really like the textured blending you did on the left and right of the subject. Love the hair too. And that fonts, mmmm! I have a thing for fonts and typography (don't tell anyone).

Composition-wise everything works well. Cleverly placed logo at the top left where the eye tends to start in a picture for many cultures. Then moves to the right, meeting with the art, and finally the title on the right. I find it interesting how you gave the title a little more space between the art. Not so much space to detach itself from the rest of the picture, but not too little to make the whole picture seem crowded. I could go on but I've ranted enough. Good job.

NilesCD responds:

(secret is safe) I try to concentrate a lot on font work with this sort of thing, I get really annoyed with certain works because it's ALWAYS the lack of experimenting with typography, I think it can make or break your work. But I'm glad you can see it all works out all together, I was playing around with it too much and simply settled for that -It almost defeated me! I love space, it forces people to look around a piece (so frigging mean) so they get a full understanding of what they're looking at (or not, ha!) But thank you for your detailed feedback!

Change Me Change Me

Very emotional piece. The expression in the face really captures the struggle of pain. That isn't an easy thing to do. The eyebrows especially show a small amount of restraint, as if the subject is vainly trying to hold it in. Awesome job.