Mario Flash Party Mario Flash Party

I think I broke your game

Very nice... but for some reason nothing's happening in the jump game. first attempt worked, but i tried again and there isn't any shells or anything. just emptiness...

anunfittingname responds:

Yeah I wrote in the "Authors comments" that you cant replay that game at the moment because I am having problems with it.

Love Never Ending Love Never Ending

I love this piece! It definitely sparks hope and inspiration in me. You were certainly successful in conveying emotion in the music, and that in my opinion is the best part of being a musician.
5/5 gold star 100% forever! :)

Bosa responds:

:):):)

Thank you so much! I was a bit nervous about this piece, but I am very happy to see that it came out well. I appreciate everything you do here in our community on Newgrounds, and I look forward to seeing your music take off and soar! You have great talent already and you will overcome the obstacles!

Battle In The Halls Battle In The Halls

This is crazy awesome! Good job!

Ceevro responds:

Thank you kindly! I hope I can keep up this level of recording after I get my shoulder surgery...should make the competition a bit more interesting, methinks!

A Hero's Return A Hero's Return

How is this only a 4 star rating? This is awesome! I really like the percussion you have going there. This piece has so much potential. My only critique is that the bass could maybe use a little boost. Not a lot, just a little. Maybe try some Col Legno mixed with the bass spiccato to add to some impact to your hits. It might not work, but it's something to try.

CloakedSoup responds:

Thank you! Maybe it's because I listen to more classical music, but I've always been hesitant to boost the bass too much haha. I think this kind of music definitely calls for it though! I'm starting to get more into writing this kind of 'commercial' music (versus modern music written for a concert hall) and also learning how to properly mix it to sound like more modern Hollywood/trailer/film music. I'm not too worried about the composition side of things, but critiques like this help me to get my mixes to sound cleaner as I move forward, so thank you again!

Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart! Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart!

Terrific work as always. Lovely use of colour, excellent composition, and great placement of characters. The angle you chose is interesting; almost over-the-shoulder. Good use of background characters to show depth. I will admit, I have never played the game, but I know enough about it to know this piece is well done.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you, my friend! I did try to do a sort of 'sneaky look' around the bad guys shoulder, like you are witnessing the end! I'm glad you like, (but shame on you for never playing the game-play it-like right now) ;)

The Beginning The Beginning

Good stuff. I really like the textured blending you did on the left and right of the subject. Love the hair too. And that fonts, mmmm! I have a thing for fonts and typography (don't tell anyone).

Composition-wise everything works well. Cleverly placed logo at the top left where the eye tends to start in a picture for many cultures. Then moves to the right, meeting with the art, and finally the title on the right. I find it interesting how you gave the title a little more space between the art. Not so much space to detach itself from the rest of the picture, but not too little to make the whole picture seem crowded. I could go on but I've ranted enough. Good job.

NilesCD responds:

(secret is safe) I try to concentrate a lot on font work with this sort of thing, I get really annoyed with certain works because it's ALWAYS the lack of experimenting with typography, I think it can make or break your work. But I'm glad you can see it all works out all together, I was playing around with it too much and simply settled for that -It almost defeated me! I love space, it forces people to look around a piece (so frigging mean) so they get a full understanding of what they're looking at (or not, ha!) But thank you for your detailed feedback!

Change Me Change Me

Very emotional piece. The expression in the face really captures the struggle of pain. That isn't an easy thing to do. The eyebrows especially show a small amount of restraint, as if the subject is vainly trying to hold it in. Awesome job.