Looking at Memories Looking at Memories

Awesome writing! I like how it almost tells a story with varied emotional parts. It is definitely bittersweet at parts, but also has joyful moments like 1:27. Then a brief moment of uncertainty around 1:53 before resolving itself at 2:08.

As for your transitions, I think they fit quite well. Also keep in mind that no song is perfect, so don't beat yourself up over it. Your talent and hard work shows. :)

Columbers responds:

You're spot on with that first bit- this piece quite literally tells an actual story. I actually rushed through this song a little bit because it was a little emotional and I wanted to see what ending would be most fitting. Glad you liked this composition, thanks for reviewing!

I'm uploading a new piece soon that uses the main musical theme of this piece, so make sure to check it out as well!

drowning (AIM) drowning (AIM)

Oooohhh it's so chill! Me likes. It has a nostalgic feel to it.
After a number of listens (I lost count XD) somehow it still holds my interest. The song adds some interesting contrast to the art. Where the art has a more depressing tone, the song kind of brings a sense of bittersweet denouement. It really puts the listener in the art subject's shoes. Watching one's memories flash and scatter like the sun rays above them.

johnfn responds:

thanks man! haha i'll be honest i was nervous about getting reviews on this one, this piece is kind of special to me and i was scared no one else would like it lol. its like sharing part of your soul!!!

anyways im glad you liked it! and got the sense of what i was talking about!

AIM - Fallen Angels AIM - Fallen Angels

Absolutely stunning! I really like the buildup to 0:50; it's a great setup for what's to come. The break at 1:33 is also a nice touch. The whole thing really leaves a feeling inspiration for me, especially around 2:24. Coupled with the art it really tells a story. Awesome work.

CloakedSoup responds:

Thanks! :D I've been trying to get better at writing 'film-esque' music (which is the kind of stuff I post here on Newgrounds). I'm highly interested in going into that field. I think I'm starting to finally get somewhere with it.

AIM - Light Enduring AIM - Light Enduring

Wow, outstanding job. It feels very uplifting which fits the art quite well, and yet it could bring a person to tears.
I absolutely love the piano you're using, perhaps even more than my current favorite "The Giant" from Native Instruments.
Awesome work. Very inspiring.

Phonometrologist responds:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it.

Voice Of The Voiceless Voice Of The Voiceless

That's some heavy music you got there. ;)
An awesome listen. I especially liked the strings and how they change throughout the track. Every time I listen to it I hear something I didn't notice before. Despite so much going on in the track, none
of the instruments sound like they're competing, which is great imo. I can't offer anything constructive unfortunately since I'm listening on bad speakers right now. But I will say great work.

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you a lot for your response! I'm not sure how my mix would sound on a speaker, made this with a cheap Sony earbuds haha.

Faith and Heaven Faith and Heaven

Well crafted and inspirational as always. It makes me want to jump onto my DAW and make something right now actually.
I don't have much advice for this track unfortunately. Keep striving to do better, and keep experimenting. You're doing great!

SnowTeddy responds:

thank you for your review! :D

Spark of Hope in the Sorrow Spark of Hope in the Sorrow

It baffles me how strong some can be when facing the darkest of times. Despite all the struggle you still manage to submit something, and I find that very inspiring. I understand what it’s like to experience hardship; Major Depression has been with me since early adolescence. I know it gets to a point when even basic things like eating is too hard to do.

Even when your heart ceases to function, your music will continue to beat for many years to come. In the moment of certain death, it is important to realize that right now you are alive and you still have time to voice your thoughts. You can still show people that you exist and this is what you’re going through.

As far as your musical piece goes, I don’t really have anything of note. I think the title matches the composition quite well.

SnowTeddy responds:

it's important to keep on with the things in your life. i like to remind myself that even if there wasn't anyone else to stand with you there, you will have to keep going. i want to live and thrive in this world. there are so much stuff i haven't had a chance to see and feel.

don't give up like i did. keep going and give yourself a reason to move on.

thank you for your review! it means a lot! take care!

Memory Malfunction Memory Malfunction

This is what I love about art. There are rules to follow, but you can always break those rules as long as you have a reason for doing so. In your case you’re experimenting and pushing your limits, and that’s a good thing. You never know what you’re capable of until you try, right?

SnowTeddy responds:

thank you for the review! always push the boundaries for more new stuff! that's how we should learn!

Horizon Horizon

Nice one!

ArezOfficial responds:

Starlight Starlight

Normally I would give some feedback but honestly I don't hear anything wrong. I'm blown away. Awesome work!

ArezOfficial responds: