All 5 art Reviews

Black Sheep Black Sheep

Love the hair and the skin tones. And again with the awesome lighting! The angle you chose is interesting too as it isn't normally a view people are used to seeing.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you! I'm glad you liked looking over it. I really wanted to do something cool with this character but never had the guts to do it (the bright purple hair can be hard to pull off). So I wanted to do something that popped - I like to choose those angles! Thank you for your comment!

Scattered Protection Scattered Protection

Awesome Colour! I really like your choice of lighting.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you, my friend! I've really started to tackle lighting more and experimenting in difficulty - So I'm glad it shows!

Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart! Niles' Kingdom Heart Fart!

Terrific work as always. Lovely use of colour, excellent composition, and great placement of characters. The angle you chose is interesting; almost over-the-shoulder. Good use of background characters to show depth. I will admit, I have never played the game, but I know enough about it to know this piece is well done.

NilesCD responds:

Thank you, my friend! I did try to do a sort of 'sneaky look' around the bad guys shoulder, like you are witnessing the end! I'm glad you like, (but shame on you for never playing the game-play it-like right now) ;)

The Beginning The Beginning

Good stuff. I really like the textured blending you did on the left and right of the subject. Love the hair too. And that fonts, mmmm! I have a thing for fonts and typography (don't tell anyone).

Composition-wise everything works well. Cleverly placed logo at the top left where the eye tends to start in a picture for many cultures. Then moves to the right, meeting with the art, and finally the title on the right. I find it interesting how you gave the title a little more space between the art. Not so much space to detach itself from the rest of the picture, but not too little to make the whole picture seem crowded. I could go on but I've ranted enough. Good job.

NilesCD responds:

(secret is safe) I try to concentrate a lot on font work with this sort of thing, I get really annoyed with certain works because it's ALWAYS the lack of experimenting with typography, I think it can make or break your work. But I'm glad you can see it all works out all together, I was playing around with it too much and simply settled for that -It almost defeated me! I love space, it forces people to look around a piece (so frigging mean) so they get a full understanding of what they're looking at (or not, ha!) But thank you for your detailed feedback!

Change Me Change Me

Very emotional piece. The expression in the face really captures the struggle of pain. That isn't an easy thing to do. The eyebrows especially show a small amount of restraint, as if the subject is vainly trying to hold it in. Awesome job.